As per the announcement made on September 26, Mastercard will partner with crypto and fiat application, ‘hi’ to launch NFT avatars themed on debit cards.
As a part of this move, eligible cardholders will earn the privilege to personalize the face of their card with an NFT avatar they verifiably hold. They can use the debit cards at more than 90 million locations globally i.e any place where Mastercard is accepted.
Sean Rach, Co-founder of hi, commented, “The flexibility to spend fiat, stablecoins or other crypto, combined with attractive financial and lifestyle rewards, makes us confident that our card is a game-changer in the market.”
The hi Debit Card will be available in six different forms with a suite of benefits, on the basis of membership tier. One can obtain Membership by staking hi’s token, and will start at less than the equivalent of 10 Euros:
- One can spend fiat, stablecoins and other cryptocurrencies at any Mastercard merchant globally.
- 1-10% back on spending.
- Rebate on between 1-20 Digital Subscriptions.
- Fund your card instantaneously through SEPA or FPS with Euros or British Pounds using a hi personal IBAN.
- Best rates are guaranteed and other perks at partner 5-star hotels globally.
- NFT customization for Gold members and above allows personalized cards with an NFT avatar which you verifiably own, if it meets Mastercard’s card design standards.
The ‘hi’ Debit card will be first available to hi members in 25+ EEA countries and the UK. The NFT avatar customization will be seen in a limited range of NFT collections like CryptoPunks, Moonbirds, Goblins, Bored Apes and Azukis.
To apply for card customization, NFT owners will first have to verify that they indeed own the NFT. The hi Debit card will be issued by Moorwand.