The most asked question is how to add Binance Smart Chain (BSC) on Metamask. With the exploding popularity of cryptocurrencies, NFTs, DeFi, and other such Web3 concepts, everyone is trying to hop on the crypto bandwagon.
Most crypto players prefer the MetaMask wallet for its simple user interface and its inclusiveness, as it allows users to exchange their cryptocurrencies without leaving the product. So, to add the BSC to MetaMask, you first should add some fundamental blockchain information to MetaMask, including specific chain ID, network name, and RPC URL.
All of these prerequisites are mentioned below to help you add BSC to Metamask without a fuzz. Now, let’s get straight into quick steps on how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask.
Steps to Add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask
1. Open and log in to your MetaMask wallet.
2. Next, you have to click the ‘Networks’ dropdown menu and select the [Add Network] option on the pop-up
3. Now, you have to see if Binance Smart Chain is listed among other ‘popular custom networks’. If not, then you have to select ‘Add a network manually’.
4. Finally, fill in the following details on the page that will open:
Network Name: Binance Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
That’s all. With these simple steps, you can add BSC to MetaMask. You can also use this tutorial to add Polygon Chain on MetaMask as the instructions will be more or less the same for every chain.
The reason to add Binance smart chain to Metamask is to seamlessly transfer BNB or Binance Smart Chain-based tokens, which you can now easily follow through the above-mentioned steps. Now, let’s see how to add Binance tokens to the MetaMask wallet.
Adding Binance tokens to MetaMask
To add Binance tokens available in your MetaMask wallet, you will have to find the token contract and details of the token you’d like to add from Binancescan and keep it handy.
- Click import tokens in metamask.
- Copy in the token’s contract address and MetaMask should automatically fill in the rest of the details. If not, add them manually.
- Click on Import tokens.
That’s how you can add Binance tokens to MetaMask with minimal effort.